Robotic Series: Programming with Codey Rocky using Scratch
TAKE THIS COURSE
Course Duration: 4 Hours
Age Group: 6 to 10
Venue: Braddell House, Singapore
Codey Rocky is an entry-level robot kit for the beginners who possess stronger interest in programming than electronics and mechanics. Students will be introduced to the in-built sensors and the output modules to understand the vast capabilities of Codey Rocky which can be manipulated in the programs. Students will be able to explore the basic concepts of AI including voice, face recognition and emotion sensing with Codey Rocky. They will also be guided to work on IoT programs such as controlling the home appliances and getting weather reports.
The course is divided into four (4) parts.
- Constructing the robot and controlling it using the remote and the app.
- Exploring educational games in the app, which teaches programming principles.
- Diving into programming using mBot visual, block-based programming software, mBlock, which controls the in-built sensors
- Getting to know Codey Rocky’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning features.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of coding and robotics
- Write and run Scratch programmes
- Program the Codey Rocky robot
- Appreciate how sensors is applied and its impact in our daily lives
- Search for references or activities on the Internet