STEM+ Enrichment Series: Traffic Lights Control System using Micro:bit
TAKE THIS COURSE
Course Duration: 4 Hours
Age Group: 8 to 12
Venue: Braddell House, Singapore
The micro:bit is a small computer that can be used as a communication device, gaming console, and even incorporated into more advanced systems such as an automated watering system for plants. The micro:bit has a number of sensors built in, ready to use with no wiring or additional costs involved!
The course is divided into four (4) parts.
- Understand the structure of traffic light and the meaning of different signal.
- Learn how to connect a closed circuit.
- Train the problem solving skill by finding out the regular pattern and reasoning.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of a Smart traffic light system
- Write and run MakeCode programmes
- Program the Micro:bit and its sensors
- Appreciate coding and sensors can be used and its impact in our daily lives
- Search for references or activities on the Internet